Social Skills Clubs
Social Skills Clubs
- "Little Paws" - Preschool age
- "Lion Cubs" - Kindergarten / Grade 1
- "Lions Pride" - Grades 2/3
- "Mane Attraction" - Upper Elementary
We are pleased to offer The Tiger Club Social Skills Program. Our Social Skills Club Program has been successfully implemented in multiple school districts throughout Connecticut and received well at national conferences in both CA and GA.
A wide range of social skills that are necessary for children to participate in the social world, beginning with the prerequisite or foundational skills effectively, are addressed.
Skills addressed at group club meetings target three categories:
- Necessary observational skills and responding to imitation/parallel play
- Turn-taking/sharing and basic conversation skills/commenting
- Higher-level social skills, including reading nonverbal cues and building complex conversational skills
The Social Club placement is determined based on your child's current social skill set, social skill assessments, and ongoing data collection throughout each session. Ongoing data collections drive future goals and objectives, as well as placement within the clubs. Therefore allowing every child the opportunity to participate in a group with peers working toward similar social goals.
Comprised of all Social Skills Clubs are the following:
- Skill-focused curriculum with instruction based on the principles of ABA and evidence-based teaching methods
- Clubs composed by child's grade and common social goals
- Clearly defined social goals for each child with ongoing data collection on progress
- Reinforcement system to promote engagement in club lesson and social goals progress
- Mastery criteria for social goals
- Self-monitoring of social goals during club meetings
- Small Groups sizes of 3 to 5 peers per club
- Home Connection: Keeps parents involved to promote carryover of social skills outside of club meetings.
Let's Get Started!
Contact us today to start moving forward!