Strong Foundations is excited to offer occupational therapy services!
Pediatric occupational therapists help children become more independent in their skills for success at school, home, and in the community. These are a few areas an occupational therapist can address:
- Fine motor skills (Manipulating toys, using scissors, handwriting skills, etc.)
- Gross motor skills (Balance, strength, coordination, etc.)
- Sensory processing (Response to movement, touch, or sound, need for movement, coping with change, etc.)
- Social skills (Interacting socially and engaging with family and peers, etc.)
- Visual processing (Recognizing letters, copying letters, finding objects among other objects, etc.)
- Cognitive functioning (attention, problem-solving, etc.)
All children are different and develop at their own pace. However, if you feel your child is experiencing difficulty in one or more of these areas and could benefit from OT, please contact us. We can discuss the next steps in assessing if your child could benefit from occupational therapy services at Strong Foundations.